|Photo from 'The Last African Warriors' by Gianni Giansanti|
When I first came across this photo of a Mursi warrior I looked at it through the 3 Primal Values that influence the way we dress :
- to fit in and be accepted by our social group (tribe)
- to be different and raise our status amongst that group
- to be sexually attractive to potential mates within the group.
- he’s wearing Mursi facial decoration in order to be accepted
- but to raise his status he’s wearing the tusk of a dangerous animal
- and no doubt that’s a very hot look amongst the young women of his tribe.
I’m sure you’ll agree it’s a very striking photo… but that particular look just wouldn’t have the same affect in our everyday life. So my question is this... how would you describe the way you dress at work, or socially? Just finish the following statements in your mind :
- I fit-in to my particular group by wearing ............
- I strive to be different and raise my status by ….........
- and to be sexually attractive to potential mates (or my partner) I ............
The answers (or any uncertainty) can be very enlightening,
and highlight how you can easily lift your game!
It’s a Primal Thing.